Who We Are. The local DC Chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM Chapter #0025). Our chapter is committed to providing all professionals in the field of human resource management a forum for expanding their knowledge and talent.
Our History. DC SHRM was formed as the Washington Personnel Association in 1945 by a group of industry leaders and personnel specialists who wanted to explore and collaborate on solutions to mutual problems. Their initial interests covered distribution of information, exchange of ideas, development and refinement of professional approaches and procedures. Through the years, our chapter has broadened its membership base to include not only practitioners in human resources, but also consultants and vendors to the profession, such as legal and accounting professionals, educators who teach the next generation of human resource professionals, employees of executive search firms, students, and Compensation and Benefits professionals, many of whom utilize our annual Survey products.
Some of What We Offer.
- Monthly Chapter Events (HRCI Certified, and SHRM Certified, food & beverages included)
- Career Management Programs
- Job Seekers Group Programs and Job Board
- DC SHRM Conference
- DC SHRM Annual Compensation Survey, Benefits Survey, Government Contractors Survey, and Salary Planning Survey, Plus information on Survey Participation Events and Launches
- Compensation and Benefits Conference
- Mentoring Programs
- PHR/SPHR Certification Exam Preparation Classes
- Networking Happy Hours
- Legislative Webinars
- Legislative Blog and Special Interest Group Forums
- Certification Scholarships
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Speaker Opportunities
- Get the latest SHRM News
- Follow DC SHRM on LinkedIn or Facebook or Twitter
Join our email list to receive periodic updates.
A Word About SHRM. HRA-NCA (DC SHRM) is an affiliated chapter (#0025) of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and has been a recipient of SHRM's Gold and Silver Awards, Superior Merit Award, and the Pinnacle Award—the highest honor given to various Chapters. HRA-NCA also enjoys Mega-Chapter status and we continue to grow strongly. We are proud of our close association with SHRM, the leading voice of the HR profession. Visit SHRM's website for complete information about SHRM activities and membership. We encourage all of our members to join SHRM; and our membership rates include an annual discount for all SHRM members.
HRA-NCA (DC SHRM) also participates on the Virginia SHRM State Council. The chapter's Board members attend Council events each quarter. The Council represents over 10,000 HR professionals in the State of Virginia and Washington, DC. Chapter members are invited and encouraged to participate in events and initiatives organized by the Council, including the VASHRM Annual Conference.