Study Group - Sold Out
Next Offering is Fall 2020
DC SHRM Spring 2020 Certification Study Group
Wednesdays, February 19 - May 6, 2020
Includes 12 Sessions:
Feb 19 and May 6 Sessions are 6:00 - 9:00 pm in person
All remaining sessions are 6:00 - 8:00 pm online
If you've been thinking about obtaining your certification, why go it alone? Join us for a 12-week certification study group to prepare yourself for the SHRM certification exam. These sessions will be facilitated by certified members of DC SHRM. The first session will be held in person and the remaining sessions will be online.
Click here for more information on SHRM Certification.
Our mission is to help you become certified. We have priced this course to cover costs. The fees listed below are less than you'd pay for directly purchasing the SHRM Learning System. Take advantage of the discounted pricing. Registration is limited, so do not delay!
Why join DC SHRM's Learning System® Study Group?
- Most study groups are over $1000 to attend!
- Includes your own SHRM Learning System® which includes books, modules, practice exams and practice questions ($850-$1075 value)!
- Learn from the experience of current HR Practitioners (The SHRM exam is based on competencies in each area of
Human Resources so learning from experienced professionals is essential)
- Network and create small study groups with HR professionals in your area
- Learn test tips from individuals who have recently taken the SHRM exams
Study Group Fee:
- DC SHRM Members: $849
- Non-members: $925 (includes one year of membership in DC SHRM)
- NOTE: The price for both members and non-members increases by $50 after noon on 1/29/2020.
- The SHRM Learning System (2020 version) is a comprehensive online learning experience that helps you master the SHRM BoCK™ to advance your career and prepare for the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exams.
- 12 Facilitated Sessions - Discuss each section of the learning system with a facilitator (DC SHRM member who holds the SHRM certification) and other students.
Study Group Delivery Method:
- The first and last sessions will be held in person from 6:00 - 9:00 pm in Washington, DC. Each participant will receive the SHRM Learning System at this first session and it will be a great opportunity to to meet the facilitator(s) and the other course participants. Dinner will be provided.
- The plan is to hold all remaining sessions online Wednesdays from 6:00 - 8:00 pm. GotoWebinar will be utilized as the webinar platform.
Why You Should Choose Certification and How to Register for the Exam:
Registration for the SHRM certification exam is a separate registration/fee paid directly to SHRM. Our study group will end on May 6, so you have over two months to take the exam in the Spring 2020 window (May 1 - July 15).
The exam application deadlines are not available yet. You will also need to review the criteria to determine the appropriate certification, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information, please visit the
"Apply" section of the SHRM certification site.
Registration and Cancellation:
- Registration is limited to the first 20 students.
- Registration fee must be paid in order to confirm your spot in the study group.
- Although registration may sell out before this date, please be sure to register by 2/5/2020 to ensure that we have the SHRM Learning System available for you at the first class.
- Cancellation policy: In the unfortunate event that you must cancel your registration prior to the first class, please note there will be a $50 cancellation fee if you cancel by/on 1/29/2020. There will be a $100 cancellation fee if you cancel between 1/30/19 and 2/5/2020. No refunds are available after 2/5/2020. If you register very late requiring shipment directly to you instead of receiving the materials on site at the first class, there are no refunds available.
Contact our DC SHRM staff with any questions about this study group - firstname.lastname@example.org or 443.966.3872.