Taking Your Development to the Next Level
As a human resource professional, you face a wide array of business challenges, and no one understands them more than your fellow HR colleagues. To help you strengthen your network and tackle your role strategically, DC SHRM invites you to join our Senior HR Leader Peer Group, where you will meet seven times throughout the year with other HR leaders to explore how you can make a more significant contribution to your organization. The meetings take place at a member's location in a confidential environment, allowing participants to freely discuss how to connect HR and business strategies to help their organizations develop a competitive advantage.
Member Participant Profile - (requirements)
Members of this peer group are experienced HR leaders with strategic responsibilities and considered part of their organization's senior leadership. Titles representing this position may include VP or Director of HR. Members are committed to attending and participating in all meetings. They welcome input and feedback and have a capacity for self-examination.
Applicants will be selected by our education committee and are limited to 14.
DC SHRM Members $325
Note: You must apply first and be accepted for the program. APPLY HERE
Sessions are from 5:30 - 7:30 pm on each of the following dates:
March 29, 2018
April 19, 2018
May 24, 2018
July 26, 2018
August 23, 2018
September 20, 2018
October 18, 2018
Joining DC SHRM's Senior HR Peer Group will help you:
- Focus on your unique issues. Participants are encouraged to bring current business challenges to each session and work with peers to solve them.
- Develop competencies that can improve your personal performance and business's success.
- Educate yourself in strategic, up-to-date HR thinking to attract and retain the best talent.
- Better understand what HR professionals must do to add greater value to their businesses.
Strategic HR and YOU; areas of focus include:
- Strategic Agility – Can use understanding of organization’s strategy to align and shape HR policies, programs and initiatives to meet future needs.
Influencing and Stakeholder Management
- Problem Solving – Can effectively define problems for difficult issues and use rigorous methods to achieve effective solutions. Can effectively engage appropriate resources to achieve optimal solution.
- Decision Quality – Can consistently make decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, input, and judgment that turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time.
- Change Leadership - The ability to influence and enthuse others through personal advocacy, vision and drive, and to access resources to build a solid platform to facilitate change.
Ethics & Culture
- Driving engagement that embrace transparency and innovation, collaborating with the C-suite, aligning practices to add value
- Seven working sessions facilitated by Executive Coach Stephen Sheehy (former HR executive) - see below for details
- Group size is limited to 14
- One-to-two guest speakers focused on topics selected by group participants.
- Access to other group participants to help you with day-to-day strategic issues.
- Earn SHRM/HRCI credits (pending approval)
About the Facilitator
Stephen Sheehy is founder and President of Keys to Future, an executive coaching and organizational development consulting company. He brings over twenty-five years of experience in strategic HR, talent management and organizational development. Prior to starting his company, Stephen held key HR leadership roles at several companies including AstraZeneca, Exelon Corp. and Day & Zimmermann. He brings a unique blend of business experience, leadership and organization development expertise and a solid understanding of what it takes to be successful in today’s organizations. Throughout his career, Stephen has led and supported numerous change projects including organization redesigns, mergers & acquisitions and changes to programs, processes and policies.